Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Customer Reviews Acorn Oh Ewe II


I dislike reviews that start "Got these a week ago..." as I like to know what happens after. I got these as a gift for Christmas 2009 from my mom-in-law, who didn't want me to slip on our new wood floors carrying my 10 month old. They were a bit tight to begin with - I could only get a 7, and am normally a 7.5, but they were pretty comfortable from the start. As I look down at them on my feet close to two years later, they look perfect from top-down. However, if I look at the sides, the soles have split from the suede on both outside edges. This happened after the 365 day returns, but I can (and do) wear them quite a lot. 








They fit well, are very warm - no socks required, the soles allow me not to slip on the wooden floors and I'm able to run outside if I need to. Once the stitching holding on the soles split, I was able to take out the innersole (which had started to crumple uncomfortably) and just have the memory foam inside, so no arch support. I'm looking for another pair of Acorn slippers for this Christmas (thanks in advance, Mom-in-law) and while I'm considering another pair of these, I have to admit I am tempted by the faux chinchilla ones. A good slipper, don't know about value for money, as for the price I would expect more than two years out of them, but definitely am considering another pair of Acorns.








I've tried several different brands of bootie-style shearling slippers before settling on these, and these are by far the best I've encountered in terms of quality, comfort and fit. Extremely cozy on your foot, the shearling lining is nice and thick inside, but the footbed is true to size in length so they are extremely comfortable. I wear size 7 shoes and my 7 slipper is a perfect fit. Someone else said the leather smells like vanilla -- this is true! These are extremely well made, so while they cost more than some other shearling slippers, I feel like I'm getting my money's worth. It's a relief to find something worth spending the money on! These are divine. Easy to buy as a gift too because they run true to size.








No comments:

Post a Comment