PROS: Warm and cosy. Very reasonably priced. Washable. Bonafide arch support for over-pronators. Wouldn't do for all-day wear, but will keep you from aggravating or causing Plantar Fasciitis when worn for a few hours/day on the weekend, for instance. The outsole works to walk outdoors briefly, flexes where it needs to and not where it shouldn't, and provides a small amount of cushioning. CONS: Not as cushioned as I expected. The foam under the faux fur insole is very low density. Basically you bottom out to the outsole as soon as you stand up, if you weigh more than a housecat.
But the outsole itself cushions a bit. The faux fur insole can't be removed for washing. You can only wash the entire slipper. POINTS TO CONSIDER: These are a bit bulky appearing. Some women like that in a slipper, others don't. They are cut for "low volume feet". That means the depth of your foot from the top to the sole needs to be on the thin side or you'll have a hard time getting into these. The size Large fit my size 8 1/2, medium width, low volume foot perfectly. The snugness around the instep enhances the arch support. For me they are a good value for the purpose, and overall I'm glad I got them.
Per usual, Zappos has done it again! I have never been disappointed through the years with the quality of Zappos' products. These gorgeous slippers fit perfectly -- especially with socks. I live 7,000 ft. high in a ski resort and we are now covered in snow. The rubber soles allow me to step outside in the snow without getting wet. They're so warm, too! Ha! On Jeopardy the other night a question was: "Based on the Spanish word for "shoe," (zapato) what is the name of an Internet Co.?" I screamed, "Zappos!" and I was right! Buy this slipper. You won't regret it. Love you, Zappos!
No comments:
Post a Comment